Thursday 8 January 2015

Hannah Bakes- Easiest Fudge Ever

I love to bake and last year I shared with you a few of my creations so I have decided to start a ‘Hannah Bakes’ series of posts.  Below is the recipe for the most easiest and moreish sweet treat ever… Fudge. I have made this every Christmas for years and always get so many complements on how yummy it is It would make a great Valentine ’s Day gift for your other half or a lovely present for a grandparents birthday.




Ingredients

125g of Milk Chocolate (you can use dark if you want a slightly darker colour)

50g of butter or marg

¼ cup of evaporated milk

3 cups of icing sugar

A 20cm square tin
 
Method

1.)    Grease and line your tin.

2.)    Break up all of your chocolate and melt either in the microwave or in a saucepan. Be careful not to over melt your chocolate or burn your chocolate.

3.)    Add the butter/marg and continue to melt.

4.)    Once melted take off the heat and add the evaporated milk.

5.)    Sift in the icing sugar a little at a time. Towards the end of mixing it in you will find the mixture will become VERY stiff! It’s a good work out for your arms and totally worth it in the long run!

6.)    Press into the tin evenly. You can leave it plain as it is or add a topping of your choice. I decided this Christmas to press broken up Malteasers over the top.  You could use Oreos, white chocolate chips, drizzle chocolate over the top or use Haribo jelly hearts for a Valentine ’s Day theme.

7.)    Leave in the fridge to set for a few hours or until it has become firm all the way though to the touch.

8.)    Remove from the tin and cut into little squares.

Why not give it ago at the weekend!?

Just Hannah x

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, this looks so good! I'm such a sucker for sweet treats, especially when Maltesers are involved! ;)

    I agree that this would be a perfect little gift - I can imagine putting a few big slabs inside a nice mason jar and tying with a bow for a cute personal present.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, this looks so good! I'm such a sucker for sweet treats, especially when Maltesers are involved! ;)

    I agree that this would be a perfect little gift - I can imagine putting a few big slabs inside a nice mason jar and tying with a bow for a cute personal present.

    x

    ReplyDelete