Sunday 11 May 2014

New York - Day One

After a early morning wake up call we were on our way to Heathrow! This was the holiday we had been dreaming about for yonks and it was finally here!  We had checked in online the day before and booked our seats together all was had to do when we got to the airport was go to the bag drop off and through security! Easy as that! Once we picked up a few magazines for the flight, we settled in and had a chilled breakfast. 







The flight went pretty quick althought I'm a fidget bum I couldn't get comfy! We managed to catch up on The Hunger Games which we missed at the cinema last year! 

From JFK we got a taxi to the hotel, the sun was out and the views of the city were great! We were both so excited! 

 


We left our bags at the hotel as we had a couple of hours until check in. We were both quite tired by now and really wanted a lye down but we 'soldiered' on as we were in NEW YORK! We wandered about and made our way to Times Square and all the way we couldn't believe we were actually there. I found my bearings from where I had been before a few years ago and it seemed a home from home! We chilled out on the steps in Times Square in ore of our surrounding. Everything is so epic there you spend most of your time wandering around looking upwards at the towers above you! The billboards and adverts were so bright and ever changing, we could of sat there all day!

 


By this time it was 4.00pm and time to check in to our hotel. I booked the hotel (Hotel Metro) through BA with our flights. I find choosing a hotel so hard, I put way to much thought into everything and almost get a little obsessed with it, The reviews were great on Trip Advisor so that sold it too me! When we checked in we found out we had been UPGRADED! The room was much bigger than we would of had place higher up in the building. I was made up with this, I might have been due to me tweeting them so much but who cares it got us an upgrade ;) The hotel was perfect. Location fab, just a 2 min walk to Macys, 10 mins to Times square and the subway was at the end of the block. The city was right at our feet! It also included a very yummy breakfast (most NY hotels do not). I would defo recommend it!



We chilled out for a bit and got un-packed and settled in. As we were so tired from getting up so early we had an early dinner at a lovely place oppersit the hotel called Brendan's it was kind of a classy Irish bar but the food was amazing! We funds really know what we fancied so we had a bit of a mix! Mozzarella sticks, chicken strips and a chicken and black bean quesadilla it was delish and hit our over tired and very hungery spot very well!



After the meal we wandered up to the hotels roof terrace, it wasn't fully opened as it opens fully every summer with a bar but there were tables and chairs etc and of course an amazing view of one of the most iconic buildings the Empire State! And wow what a view! 


A after all of that we needed a well deserved early night ready for our first full day in the city the following day! 

Stay tuned for more New York Diary Post! I hope you enjoy reading them near as much as I enjoined my time there!

Just Hannah xxxx




2 comments:

  1. Aw this makes me miss New York so much! I went 2 years a go and it was amazing!! Hope you have a great time! xoxo

    gemstrends.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete