Wednesday 16 July 2014

MUA Matte Perfect Primer- Review


Make Up Academy Matte Perfect Primer
 
Everyone loves a good dupe don't they? A high street, purse friendly, copy cat of the high end must have everyone lusts over! Well i'm not saying this is a perfect dupe but it does a pretty good job! 

I have used a few MUA products before (their power highligter is a fave) and i have been really impressed with the quality for the bargain price, i mean lipstick for a pound are they kidding?! When I saw this primer the other week I put it in my basket without even thinking... i was running out of Porefessional and I was up for a cheaper alternative and at £4 it certainly is. 

MUA claim 

"...it will matitfy complexion and provide the perfect base for foundation"

I agree with this to an extent, after a applying a small amount to my t-zone I leave it to sink in for a min or two, then i go ahead and apply my foundation. My foundation goes on really well when I use this primer, it seems to sit on my skin really nicely. During my day, normally at work my skin have been looking less shiny and my make up seem to have stayed put a lot better.

The problem with my skin is that it is so temperamental! At the moment its horrible and spotty :( so i have stopped using this primer to see if it clears up, it may just be coincidence though. During the summer my skin gets more oily and I feel my pores look horrid and large, the primer did a really good job of 'filling them in'. It also says you can wear this primer alone... if i was one of the perfect skin girls i would (lucky things) but i am defiantly not one of them!


Colour of the Primer

The colour and texture is really similar to Benefit's Porefessional and that is what draw me in to it straight away. The packaging is not as pretty but for £4 I would give that up!

All in all i would recommend this as a cheaper alternative to Porefessional, hopefully my skin will calm down and improve so i can get back to using it!

Have you used this product? 
what other Primers do you recommend?

Just Hannah 







No comments:

Post a Comment