Friday 13 June 2014

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Gel - Review

 
 
Well I'm a sucker for a magical cure for spots... isn't any twenty something with oily/combination skin? I bought this when I went to New York as my skin was being particularly annoying at the time! Why is it when you have a special occasion coming up or going away and you know you will be photographed a lot your skin decided 'Hey I know! Let's give her 10 million spots at one time?'... God help me at my wedding!!!
 
I have used the Anti-Blemish Solutions range (called Acne Solutions in the US) before but when I started working for Spa Find I swapped to them and I actually like them more, they feel much more gentle on my skin but still get the job done. But any way I digress! I love the packaging of Clinique it looks clinical and professional and as if it would get the job done. 
 
I like to use this product after I have cleansed and toned. The first think I noticed about this product was the smell. It smells SO strong, kind of a methyl smell and it almost brings a tear to my eye!  I use a small per area so cheeks, chin, nose and forehead and I rub it in. As it is a gel you have to move fast, as it almost sets onto your skin as soon as you put it on there! It feels pretty tight on your skin so I like to apply my current moisturiser  or night cream as soon as I'm done rubbing it in, them my face feels soooo much better!
 
Despite the tight feeling and the strong smell I do really like this product. In the morning my skin feels less oily and my blemishes look reduced. I have been using it for a while and I do think you use quite per use, so maybe its good for when you have an extreme case. I think you can use it as a 'on the spot' treatment but my fave for this is Spa Find's Perfect Purity Spot Treatment you can see my review on that here. I like to use both on my skin at night for a double action approach and I really notice a difference to my skin!
 
Have you used this Product?
What are your fave products for Oily skin?
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Although I don't have acne, I get the occasional beast of a spot on my chin and this sounds brilliant!

    Megan xo
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this range sounds really interesting!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win £250+ worth of beauty products on my blog - ends soon! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the aveda spot treatment! I've tried a few things from this clinique range but I've never been blown away, I'll maybe need to investigate this one :)

    Nikki and Things

    ReplyDelete