Sunday 1 June 2014

New York Day- 4

We had a jam packed day today as we didn't do as much as we hoped due to the rain the day before.

It was pretty foggy when we woke up so was went for a bit of shopping first thing. Our hotel was so close to Macy's and there was lots of other shops to pick up some goodies in on our doorstep! When we were shopping Russ told me to look up and I saw that the fog had cleared YAY! 



So after a quick shopping bags drop off at the hotel and a re fuel at Mcdonalds for lunch (had to be done!). We started off by getting some tickets for later in the afternoon for the Rockefeller Center. To fill the time in between we had a lovely wander round Central Park. We saw the Fountain from friends, the stawberry fields, the boat house and the boulders. It was so sunny and warm! It's amazing how chilled the park is even though it's in the heart of a mega busy city, it's a must if you ever go. 

 
 
We really enjoyed the Top of the Rock, it was so organised and well done. The view was incredible, it's a refreshing change to the hussell and bussell of the streets. I could have spent hours up there just looking out!




After a super yummy dinner at Ruby Tuesdays, which is a great reasonably prices chain resturant for dinner! We went up the Empire State Building. Comparing it to the Top of the Rock it wasn't as good and a little dissapointing. I think it's alot to do with the organisation it seemed a bit of a free for all and was jammed packed, even though we visited pretty late at night! 



You cannot fault the view it's breath taking and I love it even more at night, it's just those twinkerling lights! Aww....Dreamy! It just seemed to me a little spoilt and there was no control in the amont of people they let up at one time. 

So today was a day of amazing views and we saw some more on day 5...

Just Hannah xxxx 

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving all of your New York posts! It's my favourite place :-) x

    www.clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting closer to the most exciting day ;) love your new header too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe I feel like I'm dragging it out but I didn't wanna overload my blog with New York posts! Thank you, Russ did it today! Your new look inspired me! Loving your blogging everyday

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, the photographs from the top of the Empire State Building are breathtaking (it's a shame that it sounds a little like a free for all!). New York is definitely at the top of my travel bucket list - it just looks so incredible and somewhere you should experience at least once.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the photos and view is incredible! worth the free for all!!! You defo have to go to NY it is such an amazing place with so much to do! xxxx

      Delete