Wednesday 2 April 2014

Face of the day #001


So here is my face of the day, I haven't done one of these kind of posts as I usually stick to more a less the same style of make up for my working week but I feel they are a good way to showcase some of your favourite products and techniques that you have mastered !!  

2nd April FOTD
I started with my base after using Spa Find's Perfect Purity moisturiser. It's a great base for make up but I tend to swap between moisturisers at the mo.

I used Benefits porefessional on my open pored areas like chin, nose and cheeks. I'm flicking between foundations at the mo as well but today I went back to my old fave Clinquic anti-blemish solutions foundation. Since getting my real techniques brushes for my birthday I have been using the buffing brush to apply my foundation and I really like the finish. 

I love the tiny Porefessional!
I normally tint my eyebrows anyway as they are ridiculously light compared to my hair colour but I have a few gaps in them so I lightly pencil them in with just a normally eye brow pencil (I really wanna get the Soap And Glory one!).

Around my birthday I also bought Benefit's Gimme Brow, it's a great thickening product and defines my brows even more so. I apply it against the hair growth then I brush it back through. I try not to use too much product as I don't want then too over dramatic and so far so good, I really like this product.

Im a sucker for pretty packaging and Benefit gets me every time!

For bronzer I'm currently using up an old Fake Bake one. It has lasted FOREVER! It has great pigment and colour.

I also used today one of my current favourite products. Revlon's Rose Glow Highlighting Palette, isn't it beautiful?! I use it as a shimmy blusher, it's great if you don't fancy a pink or coral colour as it's a mix of them all! I sweep it over my cheek bones, its great as its' so buildable. I used this when I had a fake tan and its looked even better! I had so many complements that mt skin looked great!




So Sparkly!


For my eyes today I used Maybeline's gel eyeliner with my fave new tool! The Real Techniques Silicon Liner!

I bought the gel eyeliner ages ago and used it once and I hated it and then forgot about it! I couldn't get the right line it was always too thick! When I was doing my real technique brushes research I saw this 'brush' (not really a brush but hey!) and I knew I needed to try it. I was OK at eye liner before some days better than others and I had tried lots of different ones like felt tip pen ones and  all kinds of liquid ones. Once I bought this 'brush' I used it as soon as I got home and I fell in love! It's great and sooooo easy to use. I get the perfect line (nearly) every time and even perfected my flicks and wings! I really recommend this 'brush'!



I CANNOT live without this brush now!


On my lashes I used Clinique's High Impact mascara, it is also one of my faves!
Like every beauty blogger around I have on my lips bi have one of .... Revlon's Colourburst Matte Balms! I only have one at the mo but after my spending ban I'm gonna pick up a couple more (I can't wait!). I really love this colour though it called Elusive and its so so wearable. I wear it to work and its not too dramatic but also looks fab for an evening out! They do cling to dry skin and my lips are not in the best condition, I probably should have scrubbed them before putting it on but hey I forgot! I cant wait to wear these all spring/summer!


<3 just <3
Anyway I hope you have enjoyed this post. I like the way I can fill you in on my current faves all in one post!

Look out for more!

Just Hannah xxx

4 comments:

  1. i love your makeup look! x
    http://catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous - your skin looks perfect and that shade of lip balm is gorgeous on you! I'm definitely going to check out the eyebrow products you've recommended - I'm so fair I find it really difficult to define my eyebrows (I should really just commit to getting them tinted!)

    x

    ReplyDelete