Wednesday 26 February 2014

G is for Gel nails...


There is nothing better than perfectly painted nails...the one thing that bugs me is when they chip *sad face*  most of you have probably tried gels before, I love them for many reasons! 

As a beauty therapist  I can't really have normal nail polish on as the constant use of oil, water and products it remove it and it doesn't last 5 mins! 

Gels are fabulous..

...They stay beautifully shinny and neat

...They last for ages

...They dry straight away so know awkward waving around to dry! 

These are my current gels that I had done today by the lovely Rebecca, OPI Gel Colour in Strawberry Margarita!



It took me forever to decide on the colour, this ones quite a summery colour but hey the sun has been out, all be it on and off for the past couple of days, it's my birthday so why not!

I love OPI gels they are my faves they are easy to apply as the therapist, they are long lasting and once removed professionally they leave the nails in a good condition.

I have hear a lot if people slag off gels for ruining their nails. In my opinion as long as they are removed properly they will be ok.  They might be a little drier and weaker but once filed down a bit and  nourished with some oil I find them ok. Some people have gels 24-7 but I like to have a set every month or so, partly for my nail condition, partly it's getting time at work and partly I like them to be for a special occasion like time off, holidays and birthdays! I tend not to wear polish too much despite my massive collection (I have SO many, more on that another day) as I basicly have to take it off after a day or so for work!

I use Gellux gel nails for family and friends at home as it's cheaper than OPI. There are so many colours to choose from and I really enjoy doing friends nails and having a gossip!

Do you have gels regularly or do you prefer polish?

Just Hannah x







 



4 comments:

  1. Lovely. I heard gel nails and bad for you nails hope that's not ture. I have been wanting to try them.

    http://awkwardgirlx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are only bad if you peel them off!!! if you remove them properly they are fine! xxxxx

      Delete
  2. I love love love gels. Opi are brilliant but I think he best ones I've ever had on were my nails ink ones. Got them done in Maidstone and they didn't budge at all for weeks... I could have let them grow all the way out (except that would have looked really weird). Love your blog,

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Kate, Thank you! Wow they sound great, my nails grow so fast with gels on and they the gappy bi it looks a little strange!!!
      xxxxxxxx

      Delete