Wednesday 29 January 2014

I Heart London...Brick Lane

On Sunday myself and Russ went up to Brick Lane in London. We are so lucky to only live under an hour-ish train ride away from London so we like to visit fairly often! I love the buzz of the city and there is so much to do up there (so much is free too)!

I had been recommended to go to Brick Lane last year by a friend who said I would love it but we always found other things to do and the idea fell by the way side. This Sunday we didn't have any plans so Russ suggested to have a wander in London and Brick Lane sprang straight to mind!

So off we trotted, it was a grey and rainy day but we were wrapped up and prepared. I'm not keen on rain at all, my 2nd to worst weather type (1st being snow!). 



Once we were up in London we took the district line to Aldgate East and after a few wrong turns/wrong direction (lol) we found it! The market itself was under cover and in lots of different areas, which I was SO happy about because of the rain #hairproblems!

The 1st part of the market was buzzing, full of people and amazing food stalls. There was very kind of food imaginable, Chinese, Mexican, Greek, Dim Sum, Spanish, Caribbean, Italian I could go on and on... The colours and smells were amazing.




Towards the back of the 1st 'Hall' was a lot of clothes and jewellery (that kinda thing) it was a bit less busy here which I found nice as crowds can get to me! I spent a few minuets ooooo-ing and awwww-ing at every stall! A lot of the stalls were all in different places it was like a little 'rat run' with stalls hiding every where, there were lots of very vintage and arty kinda stuff, all so interesting and beautiful. 



On the walk to the next 'hall' we saw some amazing graffiti. The time it must take people to create such amazing and detailed works of art is unbelievable!  


Most of the Halls were pretty similar but still I loved looking around and also people watching the amazing kinds of different people there!

We had a lovely Chinese for lunch, rice, noddle's, salt and pepper chicken and honey chicken it was delicious and only £5 a pop! Also we bought some divine chocolate brownies (my fave) and some super rich millionaires shortbread (my 2nd fave)!  I didn't buy any other bits, nothing jumped straight out at me saying 'Buy me, BUY ME!!' (how restraint was I?!) but it was such a chilled nice day wandering around! We would defo visit again on a Sunday and I can imagine it being even more enjoyable when the weather is better.

I will fill you in on the next Hussell adventures soon! Hussell is our couple nickname made up by my AMAZING best buddy Kerry, I will tell you about her another time!

Bye for now

Just Hannah






6 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of how close you live to London! I think if I lived that close I couldn't resist going all the time. Brick Lane looks amazing - I especially love the incredible graffiti (how cute is that Stitch?!)

    x

    p.s. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can read all about it in my latest post: http://tartanmouth.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/get-to-know-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe oh wow Thank you :) I love the Stitch too one of my fave Disney characters! Just Hannah xxx

      Delete
  2. I love your couple name! It's so cute. My boyfriend is Allan so not sure what we'd come up with lol looking forward to more Hussell adventures! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Lol oppies I deleted my comment! I think yours should be Allly :D xxxx

      Delete
    3. Alllly is a good one - think the bf will like it too. Better than what I had thought of Kellan haha

      Delete