Sunday 19 January 2014

Sunday Baking...

When Russ and myself are having a chilled out Sunday we like to do some baking. Ever since I was a little girl I have loved cooking, I would always help my Mum and Nan. As I have grown up I have taken to it even more and now it's become 'cool' there are a lot more ideas, equipment and recipes about!



Today I made chocolate shortbread cookies, here's the recipe,

You will need:
150g plain floor
3 tablespoons of cocoa power
Half teaspoon of baking power
100g of butter/margarine
50g caster sugar
A little water if needed

Method:
Pre heat oven to 170c or gas mark 3
Mix flour, cocoa power and baking powder in a mixing bowl. 
Add margarine/butter and rub in with finger tips until it looks like bread crumbs.
Add the sugar and mix. 
Gently knead into a dough, if its not coming together add a tiny bit of water.
Roll out into a floured surface until it s about half a cm thick.
Cut out into any shape of your choice!
Put the cookies onto a lined baking tray and put into the oven for 10-12mins
Cool on a wire rack


To be honest it was pretty easy and they were really yummy! I used a cookie press to 'decorate' them, i got it for christmas! It's great and so so simple, it has change-able stamps. Next time i use it i would press it into the cookie a little firmer as once they were baked the print wasn't as clear! 



I alway say I can never understand why people can't cook?! I think it comes to me naturally but we all have a disaster once in a while! I love how the flour, butter, sugar, eggs etc can turn into something so yummy! It really is science in action!!! 

I love to try different things so look out for more baking/cooking posts!   

Hope your having a fab Sunday

Just Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment